Ansible 0.4 Released
Ansible 0.4, codenamed “Unchained” hits the ground running.
This release is a little over a month in development and has over 30 distinct contributors.
Major features include:
- ansible-pull for extreme scaleout using just git and cron!
- sudo support to users other than root
- —private-key option for pem files (EC2, etc)
- inventory format supports groups of groups and group variables
- dozens of module upgrades
- built in facts — no depdency on CLI tools requiring Ruby!
- various bugfixes
Everything available in 0.4 is reflected in the latest documentation:
The next release, 0.5, “Amsterdam”, has quite a lot of interesting features in the pipe as well, including major code improvements aimed at accelerating future development, improved reporting, and performance. Look for in it in about a month or so.